COVID-19 Eviction Information Expiration

Assembly Bill 3088 – COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act of 2020

The Santa Barbara County eviction moratorium is scheduled to expire on September 30th, 2020, unless the Board of Supervisors extends it. A new bill, AB 3088, was signed by Governor Gavin Newsom on August 31st, 2020 temporarily amending State Law regarding evictions. It is important to note that this bill does not prevent all evictions from occurring, nor does it excuse non-payments of rent.

Read more below to find out what this bill means for tenants:

  • Any missed rental payments between March 1 st and August 31st, 2020 will be converted to civil debt and landlords cannot evict you for not paying it. However, landlords can take you to small claims court for these missed rent payments, starting March 1, 2021.
  • Beginning September 1 st , 2020 through January 31 st , 2021, you are required to pay 25% of your rental payment each month, or you could be subject to eviction for non-
    payment of rent. The remaining unpaid 75% would be converted to civil debt (and is
    subject to small claims, as stated above).  
    • Your landlord must inform you of this deferment option and cannot retaliate
      against you for deferring.
    • Under the new law, a tenant must swear under penalty of perjury that they are
      experiencing financial hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to
      qualify for the deferment.
    • If the tenant earns more than 130% or more of a county’s median income, then a
      landlord can request proof from the tenant of financial hardship due to COVID
      (i.e. a layoff or a wage-reduction notice).
  • Tenants can now be evicted for reasons other than non-payment of rent (but just cause is still necessary).
  • Usually evictions for non-payment of rent or other charges require a three-day notice prior to a landlord filing an eviction case in the court. Under the new law, however, tenants are entitled to a fifteen-day notice, and the landlord must offer the tenant the opportunity to defer 75% of the rent, if the tenant qualifies.
  • Evictions for non-payment may not begin until October 5, 2020.
  • Most of the tenant protections in the new law expire on February 1, 2021

Tenant Stabilization Act

AB 15: Tenant Stabilization Act of 2021

This bill would extend many of the protections afforded tenants during the COVID-19 Crisis by the COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act of 2020, of which many provisions are set to expire after January 31st, 2021. This bill also includes new protections to ban the use of unpaid rent due to COVID-19 as a factor in determining credit score and increase the time required for notification of eviction in mobile-home parks, among other provisions.

Current Location: Assembly Introduction ⇒ Assembly Committees ⇒ Assembly Floor ⇒ Senate Introduction ⇒ Senate Committees⇒ Senate Floor ⇒ Assembly Floor ⇒ Governor ⇒ Law

Updated: 1/8/21

California Judicial Council Eviction Limitations

On April 6th, the California Judicial Council, governing board for all state courts, extended statewide moratoriums on ALL* evictions until 90 days after the Governor declares that the state of emergency related to the COVID-19 pandemic is lifted.  


I’ve been told I have 3 days to pay my rent (or stop doing something else that is against my lease), or else I have to vacate.  What should I do?

  • Issuance of a 3 Day Notice to “Pay or Quit” or “Cure or Quit” may still happen if you are in violation of your rental agreement, but this does not count as a formal eviction. It’s a notice that you are in breach of your rental agreement, and the landlord is asking you to fix the problem, i.e., pay the rent or stop breaking the lease with something you are doing. It is the first step towards an eviction, but it is not in itself an eviction. You are still entitled to due process before an eviction occurs.
  • A filing with the court requesting permission to evict a tenant (called an unlawful detainer, “UD”) is very different from a notice to resolve the problem or else vacate. So, there’s a lot of confusion that when somebody receives a notice giving an ultimatum to fix the problem or else vacate, they think that that is an eviction filing or an actual official action for eviction.
  • The best option right now for most people who receive such a notice will be stay put. Try and work it out with your landlord and fix the problem if you can, but realize: you do not have to leave until the judge signs a court order requiring you to leave. And that will not happen for several months at this rate. It is best to avoid this from happening, if possible, so your credit, and that of your guarantor or co-signer, is not potentially negatively impacted by such a filing.
  • *The California Judicial Council created one exception to the prohibition of eviction filings: cases involving threats to public health and safety.
  • Even then there is still due process. The tenant still has to get their day in court. The landlord has to prove that an eviction action is necessary to protect public health and safety, and so it’s not enough just to allege it.
  • Tenants who are able to pay their rent should do so, because when the moratorium ends the tenant could still be subject to eviction for failure to pay. You still owe your rent, and the eviction moratorium is not rent forgiveness!! It’s also not a pass to live however you want in your rental regardless of consequences.
  • Call 911 or the local non-emergency dispatch number if a landlord tries to forcibly evict you, such as enters without consent or reasonable notice, changes the locks, turns off utilities or removes your property.

I’ve been served a notice to vacate (3 day Quit, 30/60 Notice to Terminate Tenancy).  What should I do?

  • Normally at the end of the period given for you to vacate the landlord can initiate the filing of an eviction (unlawful detainer) action without further warning. However, the statewide moratorium prevents the courts from processing the filings for ANY eviction, no matter why the landlord wants to remove a tenant, unless there is an issue of public health and safety. Assuming the notice is valid, and any local laws in effect are complied with, the landlord will have to wait until the courts can begin processing the filings again to be able to take steps to evict you from the premises. Once the courts are allowed to process the eviction filings, then the eviction can proceed unless you vacated before then.
  • In order to avoid having an eviction on your credit history, if you can move before the courts are allowed to process evictions again, then this is in your best interests. But if you can’t find a new place by the date that you were told by the landlord to vacate by then you have more time right now to find a new home. You will eventually have to move though.

Updated: 4/13/20

Resources for Undocumented Students and Families

805 Undocufund:

The 805 Undocufund has reopened to serve immigrant families who are being impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19.

Click here to learn more. 

COVID-19 Resource List by the EOP Dream Center:

This list is compiled by the EOP DREAM Center at CSU Northridge. The information below is geared towards the undocumented and immigrant community in Los Angeles. 

Click here to view the guide.

COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Californians by California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance:

The California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance has put together this article of resources for undocumented Californians who are affected by COVID-19.

Click here to see the article. 

COVID-19 Nationwide Resources by UndocuScholars: 

UndocuScholars has compiled a list of nationwide COVID-19 resources, including financial resources, legal resources, medical resources, food resources, and more.

Click here to view the list.

The Betancourt Macias Family Scholarship Foundation:

The Betancourt Macias Family Scholarship Foundation is launching a GoFundMe fundraiser to raise funds to support undocumented families and individuals during these times of crisis. Please fill out this survey to apply for funds. The amount we can provide each person is based on the donations we receive and the amount of requests we receive.

The organization is no longer accepting applications at this time.

Click here to apply.

Information for DACA Recipients:

DACA recipients in California are eligible for unemployment.

According to EDD’s website: To collect Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you must show that you were in satisfactory immigration status and authorized to work in the United States when earning the wages you used to establish your claim. You must also give proof that you are currently in satisfactory immigration status, and are authorized to work each week that you claim benefits.
Note: The EDD verifies immigration status and work authorization through the Department of Homeland Security 

Therefore, DACA status individuals do qualify for UI benefits. I would also recommend they check out or reach out to CHIRLA if they have another questions on DACA and UI.

CHIRLA is a good resource to tap into, as they are providing good information for our undocumented/immigrant community given COVID-19. Learn more about CHIRLA here.  

Immigrants Rising Tangible Support for Immigrant Communities During COVID-19:

Immigrants Rising is committed to serving undocumented communities during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We put together this list of resources to help undocumented immigrants navigate the crisis.

Click here to view their resource guide. 

COVID-19 Pet Care Resources

During the COVID-19 Crisis, C.A.R.E.4Paws Increases its Support to Community Members in Need to Reduce Suffering and Keep Pets with Their Families                                                  

Pets play a crucial role in people’s lives. During these uncertain times, nonprofit organization C.A.R.E.4Paws is increasing its support for low-income, senior, disabled and homeless community members in Santa Barbara County to prevent suffering and ensure that animals can stay with their owners. Services include distribution of pet food, help with affordable, critical veterinary care and assistance for victims of domestic violence. 

Through its Companion Pet Assistance program, C.A.R.E.4Paws is providing more pet food than ever before. The organization’s Mobile Pet Meals team delivers dogs and cat food and cat litter directly to seniors in need countywide, many of them referred through an emergency hotline administered by the 211 Helpline and Foodbank of Santa Barbara County. C.A.R.E.4Paws also delivers food to low-income housing facilities and senior centers with meals-on-wheels programs.

C.A.R.E.4Paws’ mobile veterinary clinic, which is still open for dogs and cats in need of critical medical treatment, serves as an access point for pet food three to four times per week. Plus, the organization participates in weekly emergency food distribution events, such as with the Foodbank and Santa Ynez’s People Helping People, helping dozens of pet-owning families each time.

Additionally, C.A.R.E.4Paws has several Pet Resource Centers set up countywide where pet owners can pick up food and supplies and sign up for critical veterinary care. Locations include Santa Barbara County Animal Services’ Santa Maria shelter on Foster Road and human welfare agencies such as Santa Barbara Rescue Mission, PATH Santa Barbara, Santa Maria’s Good Samaritan Shelter and Bridge House in Lompoc. 

“For so many community members, and especially seniors, pets are a lifeline that provide much needed companionship and emotional support,” says Isabelle Gullo, C.A.R.E.4Paws’ Executive Director and Cofounder. “When an animal does not receive the care it needs, whether due to lack of resources or because the owner is unable to leave the home, it’s hard on everyone in the family. By stepping in with easily accessible and affordable services, we prevent suffering and make sure animals don’t end up in our shelters.”

C.A.R.E.4Paws also provides assistance for victims of domestic violence through Safe Haven, a program launched February 1 in partnership with Domestic Violence Solutions for Santa Barbara County. C.A.R.E.4Paws arranges for temporary fostering or boarding for pets so that victims of abuse don’t have to leave their family pets behind or stay in a violent relationship because of an animal. During the COVID-19 crisis, domestic violence is predicted to be even more prevalent and C.A.R.E.4Paws is prepared to help.

C.A.R.E.4Paws is thankful for the community’s support, including donations of money and pet food from private individuals, emergency foundation grants, and contributions from longtime business partners such as Lemos Feed & Supply, which has generously donated several tons of pet food to the Companion Pet Assistance program. Other businesses lending a helping hand include Dioji K-9 Resort & Athletic Club, Montecito Pet Shop, Healthy Pet, La Cumbre Feed and PetSmart.

For more information about C.A.R.E.4Paws’ services, visit the following links: 

Click here to make a donation or support C.A.R.E.4Paws’ virtual food drive and Amazon Wish List.

Click here to view a list of pet food drop-off locations.

To contact C.A.R.E.4Paws:  
Phone: 805-968-2273

COVID-19 Lease Termination FAQ

Can I terminate my lease due to COVID-19?

  • Although legal grounds to terminate a lease in CA must be analyzed on a case by case basis, in general the COVID-19 outbreak is NOT a ground to terminate a lease.  Similarly, UCSB’s decision to offer only online instruction for spring quarter 2020, financial hardship, and mental distress generally are NOT grounds to terminate a lease.
  • There may be an exception to this general rule.  There may be a legal argument favoring termination if the tenant is immunocompromised and there is a greater risk of infection in the rental property than another abode where the tenant could reside (e.g., family residence).   You will need to consult with an attorney to make this legal argument.
  • There may be other legal grounds to support the tenant’s ability to terminate a lease. 
    • There is a condition in the apartment that renders it uninhabitable, and the landlord is notified of the condition and fails to repair it.  CA Civil Code section 1942.  You should consult an attorney before attempting to terminate your lease using this statute, as this legal ground is not available for most repair issues.
    • Some leases, although not most, have a provision that allows termination if the tenant agrees to pay a fee.  Landlords are required to provide a copy of the lease to tenants pursuant to CA Civil Code section 1962.
    • Force majeure clauses are extremely rare in residential leases.  They are more commonly found in commercial leases. If your lease has a force majeure clause, it would need to specifically list pandemic as one of the reasons to trigger the clause.  You should consult an attorney before attempting to terminate your lease on force majeure grounds.
  • Tenants who have rental insurance should review their policy to see if it offers any relief in circumstances like a pandemic or where a national emergency has been declared.

What are my options if I do not have legal grounds to terminate my lease?

  • With few exceptions, CA law requires a tenant to pay rent through the end of the term of the lease.  You can try to negotiate with your landlord to relieve you of the burden of paying rent, but most landlords are not going to be open to an early termination as they count on rent to pay the mortgage, insurance, and property taxes on the property.
  • When you negotiate with your landlord, be respectful and reasonable.  Being angry, rude, or belligerent are not winning techniques. Explain your situation calmly and thoroughly, and explore any options that the landlord is willing to consider. 
  • If the landlord agrees to any changes in the lease terms, you MUST get them in writing.  Technically, they are not enforceable unless they are in a writing signed by all parties to the agreement.  An agreement reached via email, text, or social media is a workable alternative if the signed writing is not possible, but be sure to save it in a way that you can access easily if the landlord later backs out of the agreement.
  • One option is to ask the landlord if you can sublease your apartment.  Most leases require tenants to get the landlord’s written consent to sublease.  Under CA law, landlords should act in good faith when determining whether to consent to the sublease.  Some landlords require prospective sublessees to go through the application process and have a credit check. 
  • Click here to view a sample subletting agreement. 

What are the pros and cons of subleasing?

  • The biggest advantage of subleasing is that someone else is paying all or part of your rent.  But given the large number of students who want to terminate their leases and find sublessees, you likely will need to greatly reduce the amount of rent you will ask your sublessee to pay.  You need to consider whether it is better to get some money to defray the cost of your rent or pay it all yourself. But there are risks.
  • If you sublease either all or part of your apartment, you still remain liable under the terms of your lease with the landlord.   So if your sublessee fails to pay rent or damages the apartment, the landlord will expect you to pay the rent or the cost of repairing the damage.  This is why it is a good idea to ask for a deposit from the sublessee. Given the number of people looking for sublessees, however, you may have a hard time finding one who is willing to pay a deposit. 
  • Because the landlord has no contractual relationship with the sublessee, only you (as a master tenant) have the standing to evict a sublessee.  Therefore, if the landlord wishes to evict the sublessee, they will have to evict you (even if you are not at fault).
  • Another possible risk is that the sublessee may not leave the apartment when the lease ends.  This is particularly problematic if the sublessee has stopped paying rent. If the sublessee continues to live in the apartment after the lease terminates, the landlord may decide to file an eviction action.  See the section below for the consequences of an eviction action.
  • If some of your roommates are staying in the apartment, there may be an issue if your roommates do not approve of your sublessee.  If you have a roommate agreement, either written or oral, then the terms of the agreement would govern what type of permission may be necessary.

What are the consequences of not paying my rent?

  • If you fail to pay your rent in full, your landlord could decide to file an eviction action called an unlawful detainer (UD), unless the eviction moratorium currently in effect applies. You should consult an attorney before assuming the moratorium applies in your case as this legal defense is not available for every tenant who stops paying their rent, and rent continues to accrue during the moratorium. The landlord can file a UD even if most of the rent has been paid. 
    • There are several negative consequences of having a UD filed against you. Just the filing of the UD can cause your name to be listed on the Unlawful Detainer Registry, which is like a credit reporting agency. 
    • Many CA landlords subscribe to the UD registry and will not rent to people who are listed in in the registry. In addition, the UD will appear in your credit report if the landlord gets a judgment against you.
  • An eviction does not relieve you of your obligations under the lease. 
    • In addition to a court order giving the landlord the right to regain possession of your apartment, the judge will order that you pay rent through the end of the lease or until the landlord finds a replacement tenant. 
    • The court also will order you to pay any costs the landlord incurs in trying to find a replacement tenant.
    • If your lease has an “attorney’s fees” provision (and most do), then the court will order you to pay the attorney’s fees, up to any limit noted in the lease, and court costs.
  • You and all of your roommates who are on the lease and signed it are jointly and severally liable. 
    • Joint and several liability is a legal term that means that each of you is liable for the full amount of the rent and the full amount of any damage to the apartment.  It also would include any guarantors.
    • So if one of your roommates fails to pay rent, the landlord can look to any or all of the other tenants or guarantors to pay that person’s share of the rent.
  • Joint and several liability also means that the landlord would name all of the tenants and their guarantors in any lawsuit for nonpayment of rent or damage to the apartment or for eviction.
  • Another consequence of joint and several liability is that one tenant cannot terminate the lease if other tenants are staying in the apartment.  All tenants who signed the lease are considered to be one unit.
  • Some landlords send accounts where the rent has not been paid in full to collection agencies.  The collection agencies can report you to the credit reporting agencies and even sue you.

COVID-19 Food Distribution

The UCSB Food Security and Basic Needs Taskforce is offering free grocery delivery (free for the delivery and free for the groceries) to eligible UCSB students who are currently sick, showing signs of illness, are quarantined, over 60, or immuno-compromised for as long as you are not able to visit the grocery store. Given the increasing need for this program, they will also only be able to support students with demonstrated financial need when considering new registrants.

Click here to access this application. 

UCSB Food Security and Basic Needs Taskforce also has a Halal and Kosher food program for qualifying students.  To access this application and to learn more, please click here.

UCSB Campus Food Bank Sites:

Miramar Food Pantry
Open on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4-7pm
At Sierra Madre Apartments (off the main courtyard)

Associated Students Food Bank
Open on Wednesdays from 10am-3pm and Fridays from 9am-1pm
UCen 2nd floor by Subway & SB Printer (enter by outside door)

These locations are open to UCSB students only.

SAFE Food Net Sites in Goleta & Isla Visa:

This information was taken from the Santa Barbara County Food Bank website. More information and additional distribution sites throughout the county can be found here.

Isla Vista Youth Projects
Open on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month from 11:30am-5:30pm by appointment only (call Ana Maya to schedule, 805-869-3303)
5638 Hollister Avenue, St. 200

Positano Apartments
Open on the 3rd Monday of each month at 3pm
11 Camino De Vida (walk-in)

Good Shepherd Pantry
Open on the 1st Saturday of each month at 9am
380 N Fairview (drive-thru)

Goleta Valley Church 
Open the 3rd Saturday of each month from 8am-10am
595 N Fairview (walk-in)

Sandpiper Apartments 
Open the 1st Thursday of each month at 9am
375 Ellwood Beach Drive (walk-in)

Updated: 12/1/20

COVID-19 Financial Relief Information

United Way Santa Barbara County COVID-19 Rental Assistance:

The COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance program is providing limited rental assistance funds to eligible County of Santa Barbara residents, living in unincorporated areas (including Isla Vista) of the County, that have experienced a loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic and can demonstrate the need for rental support. 

Eligible applicants must have income at or below the following limits:

Family Size – Income:

  • 1 individual – $66,750
  • 2 individuals – $76,250
  • 3 individuals – $85,800
  • 4 individuals – $95,300
  • 5 individuals – $102,950
  • 6 individuals – $110,550
  • 7 individuals – $118,200
  • 8 individuals – $125,800

The organization is no longer accepting applications at this time.

After you complete and submit your application, your application will be sent to Family Service Agency, United Way of Santa Barbara County’s contracted partner agency, for case management services. A representative from Family Service Agency will contact you to set up an appointment to review your application. Please do not contact Family Service Agency, they will contact you.

If you need additional help, please call 805-965-8591.

UCSB Financial Crisis Response Team:

The UCSB Financial Crisis Response Team exists to assist UCSB students who are facing a financial crisis or urgent financial need. This effort aims to assist undergraduate and graduate students who are facing significant financial difficulties that jeopardize their path to graduation. The team works closely to evaluate, respond, and support students in crisis in a streamlined and timely manner.

AS/EOP Grants:

The AS/EOP Grant funds are to be used to meet unusual educationally-related expenses that are incurred by regularly enrolled student members of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). Eligibility criteria must be met in order to qualify for the grant. To be eligible, a student  must be an EOP member, enrolled at least half time, have need-based aid, and have had at least 50% of the subsidized loan dispersed. EOP follows the by-laws of the Associated Students of UCSB in this process.

To apply students need to make an appointment to see a counselor in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). During the appointment the counselor will review eligibility and application requirements. If eligible students will complete the application while with the EOP counselor. Appointments may be scheduled by calling (805) 893-4758 or stopping by the EOP front desk in the Student Resource Building, Suite 2210.

Eligible expenses covered by the AS/EOP Grant include: medical/dental, graduate program testing fees, graduate/professional program application fees, graduate preparatory exams, textbooks and supplies, academic and research conferences, academic memberships, and emergency grants.

SBCC Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Grant Fund Application and Resources:

The SBCC Foundation is offering grants of up to $1000 for SBCC students who have been affected by the COVID-19 crisis.

The organization is no longer accepting applications at this time.

COVID-19 Joint Response Grants:

The United Way of SB County, SB Foundation, and Hutton Parker Foundation are working together as members of the Foundation Roundtable to provide financial assistance to individuals, families, and organizations affected by COVID-19.

The organization is no longer accepting applications at this time.

National Domestic Workers Alliance Coronavirus Care Fund:

The Coronavirus Care Fund (CCF) provides $400 in emergency assistance for qualifying home care workers, nannies and house cleaners who are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic. Assistance from the Fund is to help you stay home and stay safe during the pandemic.

The organization is no longer accepting applications at this time.

Queer & Trans* People of Color Emergency Fund:

The QTPOC Emergency Fund was established in 2020 and is meant to support the QTPOC community of the University of California, Santa Barbara regardless of organization affiliation. The QTPOC Emergency Fund was the brainchild of Fabiola Figueroa, one of the current Co-Chairs of La Familia de Colores de UCSB. Due to the nature of current events, we have limited capacity and are only capable of disbursing Micro-Grants of 20$ increments.

The organization is no longer accepting applications at this time.

Updated: 12/12/21

COVID-19 Employment Information

Legal Aid At Work:

Legal Aid At Work’s website has a FAQ section regarding COVID-19 and how it affects employment (available in English, Spanish, and Chinese). Questions include: what to do if your employer cut your hours or ended your employment, employer discrimination, and how to communicate with your employer if you or a family member are affected by COVID-19. 

Click here to visit the Legal Aid At Work COVID-19 FAQ page.

The State of California Employment Developmental Department:

The California EDD has a web page with information regarding COVID-19 and employment. The page includes information and resources regarding: reduced work hours, what to do if you’re self-employed, tax assistance, and workplace health and safety (available in both English and Spanish). 

Click here to visit the California EDD COVID-19 webpage. 

FAQs from the California EDD site:
  • Are you sick or in quarantine?
    • If you are unable to work because you have or have been exposed to COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Disability Insurance (DI) claim. Governor Newsom’s executive order waives the one-week unpaid waiting period. You can collect DI benefits for the first week you are out of work. If you are eligible, the EDD processes and issues payments within a few weeks of receiving a claim.
  • Are you caring for someone who is sick?
    • If you are unable to work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim. If you are eligible, the EDD processes and issues payments within a few weeks of receiving a claim.
  • Are you affected by school closures?
    • Parents of children that have to miss work due to school closures may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits. Eligibility considerations include if you have no other care options and if you are unable to continue working your normal hours remotely. File an Unemployment Insurance claim and EDD representatives will decide if you are eligible.
  • Have you had your hours reduced or been laid off?

More information and resources regarding the effects of COVID-19 on employment in California can be found on the Labor & Workforce Development Agency website. Click here to learn more. 

Immediate COVID-19 Resources

Santa Barbara County COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program:


The COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program is providing limited rental assistance to eligible County of Santa Barbara residents that have experienced a loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic and can demonstrate the need for rental support. Eligible renter households must reside in the Unincorporated County, Santa Maria, Buellton, Solvang, Guadalupe, Goleta, and Carpinteria. Payments will be made directly to the landlord or property management company. Up to $5,000 may be provided to help cover 3 months of rental assistance.

Application Deadline: September 4, 2020, 5:00 P.M. For more information and to apply, go to


El Programa de Emergencia con Asistencia de Pago de Renta está proporcionando asistencia de renta limitada a los residentes elegibles del Condado de Santa Bárbara que han sufrido una pérdida de ingresos debido a la pandemia COVID-19 y que pueden demostrar la necesidad de apoyo con su renta.   Los hogares de inquilinos elegibles deben residir en partes del Condado No Incorporados, Santa María, Buellton, Solvang, Guadalupe, Goleta y Carpinteria. Los pagos se realizarán directamente al arrendador o a la empresa de administración de la propiedad. Se pueden proporcionar hasta $5,000 para ayudar a cubrir 3 meses de asistencia de alquiler.

Fecha límite de solicitud: 4 de septiembre, 5:00 p.m. Para obtener más información y aplicar, visite:

Our Resources (click on a subject below to be redirected):

¡Haga clic aquí para la versión en Español!


Other Resources:

If you are aware of other resources that may be useful to tenants during this time that could be added to this list or want to provide IVTU with other general feedback regarding our response to the COVID-19 crisis, please email Sabina Menzhausen here.

Updated: 3/24/20